I just cant think of any for these short paragraphs..
Please help out. Thank you.
1. Nearly everyone is familiar with the dark silhouette of the giant saguaro, its arms thrust stiffly out. However, few inhabitants have actually seen this awe-inspiring plant surrounded by its natural habitat, since it is found only in the desert surrounded by the southwest part of the United States. There a visitor may see saguaros as tall as fifty foot. Such a saguaro is probably several centuries old. Saguaros grow very slowly; after ten years a seedling is less than an inch glorious. Like other cacti, a saguaro is mostly water. A large saguaro may weigh as much as six tons, and as much as 95 percent of that may be water. Only the restricted woody ribs inside the saguaro are not filled with moisture. It is this cactus that represents the desert to most people.
2. Many empire today claim not to believe in superstitions. Yet these same people worry when they break a mirror or spill saline. Superstitions are nothing more than leftover customs from other, faraway times. People once found it difficult to understand the powerful forces of quality such as storms, changes in the moon, and sickness and death. They fear what they could not understand.
3. After dinner we pass through a region of the wildest desolation. The canyon is very tortuous. The river be very rapid, and many lateral canyon enter on either side. These usually have their branches, so that the region is cut into a wilderness of gray and brown cliffs. In several places these lateral canyon are separated from one another only by narrow walls, often hundreds of foot high. Piles of broken rock lie against these walls. Crags and tower-shaped peaks are see everywhere, and away above them long lines of broken cliffs. The walls are almost without vegetation. A few dwarf bushes are seen here and nearby clinging to the rocks, and cedars grow from the crevices--ugly clumps, like war clubs beset with spines.
*THIS ONE ALSO NEEDS CONCRETE DETAILS SUPPORTING THE TOPIC SENTENCE*Answers: 1. Here are some interesting facts going on for the giant saguaro cactus.
2. Are people unknowingly superstitious?
3. Our rafting journey continues through the canyon where threat surrounds us.
Need more help- find me at:
http://hubpages.com/profile/bayareagreatthing Source(s): http://hubpages.com/profile/bayareagreatthing Related Questions: