Can adults take the SAT's?

Question:im 27 years old and want to go to a 4 year university, but apparently i can only transfer from a community college. i wanted to know if that really is the only way to go to a univ. or is there a test out there that i can take or even some kind of a process that i have to go through to apply to univ. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A lot depends on the college/university where you want to enroll. I would e-mail their admissions office and explain the situation.

I give the SAT, and from time to time older students will come to take the test. There's no rules against it.

I would not discount going to the community college first though. If you've been out of school for a long time, jumping back counting on your SAT score and classes you took several years ago might be pretty tough. Going to a CC for your freshman and sophomore years would allow you to get your general education courses out of the way at a fraction of the cost of the university.

The classes are smaller, you are taking the exact same classes/material you'd be getting at the university, and when you graduate from your 4-year, your diploma will be the same as everyone else's. By taking the CC classes, you would have a much wider choice of colleges where you can transfer, with a MUCH greater chance of being accepted.

Good luck!


More Related Questions & Answers...
Financial Aid
Higher Education
Home Schooling
Homework Help
Primary & Secondary Education
Special Education
Standards & Testing
Studying Abroad
Words & Wordplay
General - Education