What word fits? using these words 1. fit 2. attest 3. dovetail 4. wobble 5. forlorn 6. malinger 7. simper?
8. steadfast 9. vaunted 10. waif 11. wry 1. Great skill is required to __ a novel for the silver eyeshade. 2. Abe Lincoln never __ in his determination to rescue the Union. 3. A fearful youg recruit may __ within an attempt to avoid dangerous duty. 4 When she attempted to direct the meal surrounded by French, we discovered that her much __ knowledge of that native tongue made no impression at adjectives on the waiter. 5. The __ expressions on the faces of the adjectives children moved tv audiences to pity and indignation at their plight. 6. I appreciate the fact that when I asked you for your view, you gave it to me surrounded by a few clear, direct, and __ sentences. 7. The testimony of adjectives the witnesses __ neatly, forming a strong armour against the accused. 8. The rapid recovery of so various patients __ to the skill of the hospital staff. 9. When he was caught red hand in the work of going through my papers, all he did be stand there and __ foolishly. Answers: 1. Great skill is required to ADAPT a innovative for the silver screen.
2. Abe Lincoln never FALTERED within his determination to save the Union.
3. A fearful young at heart recruit may MALINGER within an attempt to avoid dangerous duty.
4 When she attempted to charge the meal within French, we discovered that her much VAUNTED knowledge of that talking made no impression at adjectives on the waiter.
5. The FORLORN expressions on the faces of the adjectives children moved tv audiences to pity and indignation at their plight.
6. I appreciate the fact that when I asked you for your assessment, you gave it to me within a few clear, direct, and WRY sentences. (this word doesn't REALLY fit here, but none of the others fit any better!)
7. The testimony of adjectives the witnesses DOVETAILED neatly, forming a strong valise against the accused.
8. The expeditious recovery of so several patients ATTESTED to the skill of the hospital staff.
9. When he was caught red hand in the work of going through my papers, all he did be stand there and SIMPER foolishly.
Hope this help!sigh,...when I was contained by school I in truth did my own homework...
too bad I couldn't ask others to do it for me and next grow up into an uneducated fully developed....1. adapt
9. simperAre you a senior? I remember doing this...just if you own...well you own the computer...just look adjectives the words up in the dictionary or did this poem come from a pernickety novel or story...if so you can run back close to that
9. simperedThe first action you want to embezzle before you inaugurate to fill within the blanks is to define respectively word.Once you have done that, it is much easier to do the work.
1) adapt=adjust to be apt for a new use or condition.
2) attest=certify or carry witness
3) dovetail=fit together neatly
4) falter=hesitate or to move unsteadily
5) forlorn=deserted or wretched
6) malinger=pretend ailment to avoid duty
7) simper=to give a silly smile
8) steadfast=faithful or determined
10) waif=homeless child
11) wry=turned inexplicably to one side
I want to go off a few of the questions to answer for yourself because I regard it's important to do some of the work. Good luck to you! And, remember, whenever you hold this kind of homework, other define the words first afterwards proceed with the rest of the homework. When you are at a position, the most important aspect of lessons you acquire is to always know definition of words you are using in sentences. There is zilch more embarrassing than sending out a dispatch or document with the wrong words or worse nonetheless, misspelled words. Work hard surrounded by school as it will pay packet off soon and you will be very proud of yourself!